Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Still on the adventurer theme.

Good afternoon or should I say good evening.
Where does the day go?
Another busy day at work, if only I could split myself in two I would achieve so much more, but wouldn't we all?
Tea is now cooking so I thought I'd share a recent card I was asked for this time it was for a chap who likes to go walking in the hills.


For the background I have used part of an old leather bound road atlas I won in a raffle when in the WRNR, a long time ago.  Unfortunately the map is now out of date so I recycle it in my crafting.  I actually managed to get the Cairngorm mountains in this one.  I folded the map as it would be if it was used for walking adding Vintage photo distress ink.  The bag and shoes have been coloured with my copic markers and the compass I picked up in Edinburgh.  I believe this card is heading to New Zealand so I hope the recipient likes it.
You never know it might give him the bug to come and bag a few Scottish Munro's.

I've been looking at the Less is more blog for this week's challenge, something that goes bang!
Wow, I need to get thinking about that one.  Balloons would be too straight forwards and I would like to combine it with a card for my Mum, whose birthday is coming up soon.  Mmm, what will I come up with?

I have nothing else exciting to share with you today so I am going to sign off.
Maybe I shall get a little crafting in after tea?
Enjoy the rest of your evening.

4 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a brilliant card for a guy that likes to do a lot of walking.
This was a fab idea the map behind.
It's funny as you know what they say about great minds and all that.
Quite a few years ago I used and old map of where my Son lives to the background of a biking card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Barb said...

What a wonderful card Erik. Great recycling and what a really good idea to fold then map. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card, just the perfect images for an adventurer, Kate x

Cara said...

Fab card, love the way you distressed the map as if it had be folded and refolded. Cara x