Friday, May 06, 2016

It's FFFfriday time to share an oldie with me.

Good morning, isn't this better weather?  Still a bit windy up here in the back and beyond but it is set to get even better come the weekend.  I'm working Saturday but will be taking full advantage on Sunday.
It was far to nice yesterday to sit in and craft but then I had another type of day planned.
Today I have an appointment at the hospital, just for a check up, so yesterday was my pre-Spring tidy up.
If you know what I mean ladies!  I am now officially in my Spring body and the only thing left to do is lose a few pounds.  Who am I trying to kid, probably a stone would do.  It's all that home baking and M & S food, plays havoc with the waistline.
I also had a couple of treatments in the afternoon before heading out to vote, did you?
I walked into our polling station all spaced out and well greased, but apparently smelling beautifully!

Back to today and it's that time again to share an old project, it can be anything you have made yourself and already posted or something you've never posted before.  Don't forget to add your link below so I can pop on over to your blog too and share in the love of all things crafty be they old or new.
Today I have another card for you.


The stamp and sentiments are from PI Cherry on the top, the papers from Kay and Co Classic K Bailey and American Craft. I have used Spellbinders round and scalloped round nestabilities and the doily effect was done using two strips of Boarderabilities classic grand lace. Inking was done with Tim Holtz distress ink vintage photo, buttons from stock and white/black journal pens to finish the look. Finally a "cherry on the top" wouldn't be a cherry if it wasn't shinny so Ranger Glossy accents just finished the look!
This was one of my early cards when demonstrating for PI.
I do like cake!  ;)

That's all from me today, my shortest post of the week.  I look forwards to seeing what you have decided to share today and thank you so very much for taking the time to join me.
Have a super weekend and more from me tomorrow.



5 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
another really super Oldie this week.
Love the pleated doily effect it looks soooooooooooooo! pretty.
The image of the cake looks very yummy, and is making me hungry.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jo said...

Gosh, Erika.....these Friday's are coming around quicker than ever! Love your oldie, the pleating looks very effective and the cake delicious! Have a lovely weekend......we have gorgeous weather here though I'm not sure how long for!!
hugs Jo x
ps......the floordrobes seemed to last until my lot started buying their own clothes.....apart from socks, I find those stinkers everywhere lol!

Cara said...

Love this card, but I want cake now! You can't beat a drop or two of glossy accents. Your spring tidy up made me giggle, I'm staying firmly in winter mode for a bit longer. Hope work is ok tomorrow and that you have a relaxing Sunday. Cara x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super 'oldie' for today Erika, beautiful cupcake image topped off with a glossy cherry, yum.
Enjoy the sun while it lasts.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, fabulous oldie card, especially as you love baking too.
I've at long last looked something out to post, so I'll be back with my photo.
Have a good weekend, Kate x