Monday, May 23, 2016

Bagging a little sewing this Monday.

Good morning folks and how are you today?
Did you have a fun weekend?
We did here.  I shall tell you more about it tomorrow, I am trying to sort out a video to show you but my computer skills fall short of managing to get it to work on my blog, it is too large and condensing doesn't seem to help.  I WILL get there!
Whilst I am trying I thought I would show you half of Gayle's birthday present, this is some of the material that I picked up in Edinburgh.
Gayle likes to bake and to craft but now she is working longer hours I don't think she has much crafting time with a young family too.  She does however do the most amazing baking so I filled this wee bag with all things for baking, cases, toppings, tools etc...
I thought she could have lots of fun with the contents and then either use the bag for her baking or crafty bits.


I picked green as it is one of Gayle's colours, I did try and get gingham, a fella fan of the stuff like me, but dots were the nearest I could get.  The cream material is covered in cakes!
We both also love cake.  :)


I really enjoyed making this bag at our recent crop, the lovely Irene keeping an eye on my so I didn't make any mistakes.  Thanks Irene for having my back.

That's all from me this Monday, lots of washing here to catch up on and the dreaded housework, but first the dog and I are venturing down to the beach for our morning wake up walk.

8 comments:

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Wow love this bag looks so useful. Must get out my sewing machine again. It is calling I can hear it.

Would love to know how you made a video - what do you use? I too have had problems up loading clips i have taken via my phone onto my blog...no go.

So I will watch with interest.

crafty hugs Pen x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is lovely, she will love this

Barb said...

Wow Lucky Gayle. The bag is beautiful Erika. Barbxx

Patricia said...

What super well thought out gift, your friend will be over the moon with that.
Well I know I would that's for sure.
Good luck with the Video
Patricia xxx

Mrs A. said...

I love the bag you have made and what a super idea to fill with skint items for your friend. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous bag for your friend, super design on the material and perfect for a baker, I'm sure she will love it, Kate x

Lau W said...

Oooooh so wonderful bag !! a precious gift !
xxx

Cara said...

Such a fab little bag and such a thoughtful gift. Cara x