Thursday, April 14, 2016

Planting a seed, I wonder will it grow?

Good morning, just, how are you today?  I've been missing in action the last couple of days.
My hubby has been away to London with work.  It is amazing how fast the day goes when you are not sharing in the chores and dog walking.  I know that is the normal for most people but we tend to split things at home depending on hours worked.
I have also been in work the last couple of days, mmmm some of the new summer ranges look lovely. A few of the new nibbles and BBQ things shall be taste tested for tea tonight.  It would be so wrong not to test them, how could I recommend them if I didn't eat them myself?  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!
I do like my food.

As I haven't got near anything crafty over the last couple of days I thought I'd share a couple of other photos with you today.
One of my friends has recently bought a wee business in the village which is situated in the harbour.
It is a beach themed shop and she has asked me to think about some bits and bobs for it.  I saw this material whilst in Inverness last week and I thought it would be perfect.


It has been a while since the old sewing machine has been out and my boys are all off to Airsoft on Sunday.  A day to play!  I might just dust down my machine and make up some bunting.  I haven't made up my mind yet but the grey matter is keen to get going.
Another case of watch this space.

I also wanted to share this plant with you.


My best friends father gave me this plant and the basket was a Christmas present from another pal last year.  I would tell you what it was but I can't remember, how bad is that?
He gave both my best pal and I a cutting after we had seen a similar one shown at the Gala last year. We had both said what a lovely flower it has.  I'd forgotten all about it but he didn't and after a visit home my BFF was sent back here with the two plants.
My pal has been lovingly looking after hers and it has yet to flower, mine seems to be flourishing on neglect.
I tend to leave my plants alone till they're bone dry and then water them.  I could say that I am green fingered but I am not I just seriously neglect them.


If you know the flower do let me know.  It looks a lot like a cross between a primula (because of the leaves) and flower is more like an orchid (well, a little bit).  I am probably totally wrong.  My gardening skills are very much based on trial and error but things seem to grow.  Is it just good luck?!
My sweet pea seeds are coming on and I have tomatoes planted too, not quite self sufficient but more of a dabbler!

That's all from me today I hope you have an enjoyable Thursday.  I am away to get some of my daily chores out of the way then I might get some craft time in later.  More from me tomorrow, can you believe it's Friday again already, will you be joining me with an oldie?

7 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I know what it is called but can't remember, comes with age you know, looks very pretty and love that material. I love seaside themed things. We have grown some sweet peas from seed for the first time this year

Pen Sunshinepen said...

hiya love those selection of fabric - cant wait to see what you make. Not sure about the plant but its a lovely colour

crafty hugs Pen x

Lau W said...

Superb fabrics, love the sea !
Don't know the name of this flower but i looove the color ;-)
xxx

Cara said...

Love the fabric. I did know the name of the plant, I think it might be a cape primrose, totally forgotten the Latin name though maybe begins with S? Definitely a good idea to taste the the new products, you're a very devoted member of staff to go to those lengths! Cara x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, lovely litte plant, such a pretty flower too. Love the FQs, my friend Dale would love them, must have a wee look at them for her, I usually take sone down when we go to visit. Will look forward to see what you come up with for your friends shop, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Erika, love the pretty material, nautical things are very popular, can't wait to see what you create with them.
Thanks for asking about me, it's healing up nicely but I still have the remnants of a large bruise which is turning a nice shade of green on my jaw, goodness knows what they did to me whilst under the anaesthetic.
Hope you get some crafty time tomorrow.
Lorraine

Barb said...

It's a beautiful plant Erika and looks very pretty in the little basket. I haven't a clue what it is called though. The fabric sound like a good idea for you friend's shop. I hope she has lots of success. She might like to sell some of your cards "handmade by a local artist". Barbxx