Tuesday, March 08, 2016

A bit of a yarn!

Good afternoon to you, another lovely sunny but cold day here in Scotland.  The weather is getting better folks, don't hold your breath but I think Spring might be on the cards soon.

Today it is Grumpy's birthday, I can't share his card yet as he is not back till tomorrow.  He shall be enjoying cakes on his twelve hour night shift this evening and a table for one for his birthday tea.  Bless.
I have been struggling with what to get him.  Cake, tick, card, tick, but what else.  We have just had our Anniversary and Valentine's Day so I am running out of ideas and it is not as if we don't get what we want when we need it anyway.  I'm planning a nice meal and cake and have a couple of small bits and bobs, he needs new parts for his bike which he will need to order himself.  I am no expert when it comes to bike maintenance.
Instead I thought I would take you for a wee yarn.


My blanket is coming on.  I have two more hexagons to complete and then I have ten of each design.
I think at that point I am going to start stitching together as the pattern I am following is for a double bed and I just want a throw for the front room, for those chilly nights!
If I start putting it together I can see how many more I will need.
Not a very exciting photograph today as it is more of the same but at least you can see that I am progressing, a blanket takes longer than a card or two.

On a lighter note I saw this on Friday when I was wandering around looking for funny quotes to share.  What a great gift for a knitter or crocheter, don't you think?


Nice and zero calories.  
You'd need to blow out the candle quick though or you might have a bit of a "whoosh" moment!
It would be a shame to waste that lovely lace and yarn.

That's all from me today, I've just been ordering my son's first driving lesson for next week, gulp!
One excited teenager and one slightly concerned mum.

The rest of my evening will involve picking my eldest boy up from rugby and then starting the tea. Followed by another walk along the beach in the sunshine, it's a hard life.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Looking forward to seeing the throw come together, I was in Aldi yesterday and I was like, ooh look they've got loads of yarn, Hubby wasn't impressed! Hope Grumpy had a lovely birthday, Cara x

Hazel said...

Erika, you will get there in the end, just keep at it, how many can you make in an evening? Then you could work out how many evening you will need to make the amount you need.
Great cake for some one who knits and sews. Hazel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy Birthday to Grumpy! I'm expect he's looking forward to finishing work and celebrating with you properly. Great job on completing some more of your throw, it will soon come together.
The weather is set to be awful here tomorrow so a bit of crafting for me before I have to go to a hospital appointment, then the usual housey chores.
Lorraine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I do enjoy your posts. My hubby's Birthday yesterday, hope Grumpy had a good Birthday