Monday, February 29, 2016

Arh, Mr Grumpy we have been expecting you.

Good morning and how the devil are you today?
Another Monday in full swing but today it is my 5th official Wedding Anniversary!
In truth we have been married for twenty years, it seems longer.  ;)

The boys and I have a nickname for my husband, can you guess what it might be?


Tee, hee.  Well, you'll know from previous posts that I don't really do mushy, lovey dovey cards.
He tends to call me the present Mrs G!
Such affection in this house.
Mr Grumpy is a colouring page I have re sized and coloured with copic markers and glossy accents before cutting out and layering on my card.  The ribbon matches beautifully the blue and green of Mr Grumpy and the wee charm is about as gushy as I get.

We are planning having lunch out as my eldest boy has a few things on this evening, I also got my favourite perfume, some flowers and a lovely necklace (I will have to take a pic and show you later this week.)
I guess you could say I am feeling a little spoilt this morning.

Did you have a good weekend?
I had a very productive day at work on Saturday, I've never been so far ahead since I've been there.
A first!
Then home to see Scotland win a rugby match, yippee, at long last, well done to the team.
It was long overdue as I think they've been playing well since the world cup, they just don't seem keep up momentum for the whole match.
To top it off then England won too, could the evening get any better?  Yes it could my husbands pal took hubby into the kitchen and showed him how to make an authentic Thai curry. It was delicious. We had spring onions and chillies to sprinkle on the top, I quickly had to put the chillies to one side, wow to hot, hot, hot, for me.  #numbmouth, no staying power!
The curry was very yummy though, thanks Phil.

On to Sunday, the day of rest.  I love a Sunday as it comes and goes and not much happens.
The best way to describe yesterday is that I pottered all day, some jobs, some cooking and some crocheting, plus some TV catch up and reading.  Basically just as a Sunday should be.

I'm in work tomorrow and Wednesday, with a few things going on with the boys this week.
It should keep me busy, have you got anything exciting planned this week?
More from me later tomorrow.  Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

7 comments:

Cara said...

LOVE your anniversary card for your husband, so funny! Glad you had a good weekend and that Scotland finally won. My square dies are tattered lace, pin dot squares and also their pearl squares that they brought out this year. There's so much choice now it's brilliant but at the same time really confusing. Have a lovely anniversary, Cara x

Hazel said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, twenty years is an achievement in this day and age! Some can't make it 5. We are 46 this year, young ones don't want to work things out and pull together to work the problems out. Why shouldn't you get spoilt you deserve it.
Love your card. Xxx

Unknown said...

Afternoon Erika what a wonderful card i love the image and what a great anniversary card.
That's what I call my husband and he just takes it he knows its all in fun.
Have a happy Anniversary t you both.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}


cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika fabulous card for your hubby, must find that image for my old grumpy, lol.
Can hardly believe Scotland won, at least we shouldn't get the wooden spoon this time around, Kate x

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby Erika. Your card is great. I loved hearing how you made it and I'm sure your husband will really appreciate it.

Sounds like a good weekend to me. I did similar. I had a lie in Saturday, then footie then crafting and telly in the evening. Similar Sunday but more footie an less crafting. Glad to hear both our teams won and hope you had a great Anniversary lunch.

I wish my hubby had friends like Phil. The curry sounds delicious. Have a lovely week. Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you both had a lovely day and an enjoyable lunch. Sounds like your weekend was the perfect relaxing weekend with plenty of crafting. Love the Anniversary card, shows you have a strong relationship and great sense of humour between you too. Enjoy what's left of your day.
Lorraine

Patricia said...

Happy Anniversary Erika, love the brilliant card.
Your Sunday sounds ideal, I could have done with one like that here ... no such luck.
Never mind maybe next Sunday will be better.
Have a great week
Patricia xxx