Friday, September 18, 2015

Ding, dong, merrily on high it's time for a Christmas oldie.

You've guess from my title that I have at last decided to start with the Christmas oldies on a Friday.
That doesn't mean you have to follow suit as long as you are sharing an old project with me I'd love it if you'd join in.  Don't forget to leave a short message to let me know you are joining me or I won't know to visit your blog and share the love of crafting.

My choice of Christmas cards today starts with this easel card.


Back in 2011 the punch around the pages by Martha Stewart were the next big thing but there was a knack to using them.  I decided to see if I could make a rectangular shape using them and make it into an easel style card.  At the time there were lots of square easel cards about but I wanted to have a go at something a little different.  What I would say is that the card attaching the two rectangles together is the key to getting the card not only to sit up as photographed above but also to lie flat in a rectangle for posting too.  The fold is not where you would expect!
As well as the PATP I have used papers by MME (My mind's eye) and elements from their Christmas kit, finishing it with distress ink vintage photo and a satin red ribbon.

Feel free to join me sharing an oldie today, the more the merrier.
I'd love to hear from you.

This morning my hubby is treating me to breakfast out after getting the boys away to school, then hopefully I won't be too stuffed to crack on with a little housework, maybe if I do I'll get chance for a little crafting later. Enjoy your Friday, more from me tomorrow with some more crafty quotes for the weekend.



10 comments:

Jo said...

Fabulous.....I do love an easel card & Christmas works for me anytime of the year.....although I am a little behind this year. Never did buy a PATP but it sure does look nice...gorgeous papers too. Hope you enjoyed breakfast, Housework on my list for today too......after I've had a cuppa lol. Have a lovely weekend.
hugs Jo x

Barb said...

Morning Erika, I hope you had a good breakfast!

I really love your "oldie" Christmas Card. It's a great shape and I love the papers you've used. They're very festive. I never did get a PATP because I did wonder if I'd be able to master it. I have just posted my oldie. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a fab Oldie.
I love your unusual design of this, and that shaped easel is superb.
The papers and your wonderful design is excellent.
Love it.
Funnily I nearly posted a Christmas Oldie too, but changed my mind at the last minute.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and your are not feeling lethargic after your breakfast treat.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

Love your rectangular easel Erika...my favourite PATP and I love those MME papers. Hope you enjoyed breakfast. Laundry duties here and more loft sorting!! Carol x

Lau W said...

So nice easel !! Love Christmas cards !
Have a super week-end !
xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is an easel card with a difference Erika, I think it's wonderful. I love the vintage Christmas look to the papers and well done with the punching, you have to be spot on with the measuring with those MS punches.
Lorraine

Hazel said...

Great oldies Erika, I forgot it was Friday. Have a good week end. Hazel x

karenlotty said...

It's a fab oldie. I am just about to post mine. It isn't a Christmas card but a Christmas present

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, fabulous Oldie, love your card style and the wonderful images.
I hope you enjoyed your breakfast, Kate x

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant 'oldie' Erika, such a fabulous design - I never did get the 'knack' of using the Martha Stewart punch around the page punches!
Pauline
x