Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Art is my Hero again!

Good afternoon, oh me that was a busy one at work today, phew, I need a cup of tea!
Dog walked too, very nice down on the beach this afternoon, warm and sunny, got to love an Indian summer.

How are you this Tuesday?
I hope you are all fit and well.
Today I have used the same stamp as yesterday, paper piecing again but a totally different look.
This week it is my colour challenge over at The Great Scheme of Things, this is what I have picked......


Nothing says challenge more to me than the colour pink.  I am so not a girlie girl, still I have added a little duck egg blue and green to ease the pain.  ;)

This is what I have made, another CAS card using yesterdays Hero art stamp Big Flower patterns and a little paper piecing.


Would you believe that is the same fuchsia pink card in both photographs, what a difference a day makes to the lighting.
This time I have used an A5 card but folded it long ways for a change.  I have matte and layered with pink and then 3D foamed the flower, leaves and finally a little bling to the card.
CAS yet again I'm afraid ladies.  It really seems to be my theme just now.
Why not pop over to our Facebook page of The Great Scheme of Things and join in with this weeks colour theme?

That's all from me today I better go and start tea and all the other bits and bobs that need doing.
I also started another new crochet project last night and had a little helper, can you tell what it is yet?


I haven't given you much of a clue have I?
More will be revealed soon.  Holly definitely seems interested but truth be known she was just after some Mummy cuddle/treat time.
That's all from me today, catch you again hopefully tomorrow.  It will be another late one as I am in work.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Erika, How lucky you are to be able to walk Holly along the beach on a lovely September afternoon. She looks such a dear little girl. Today here has been mainly wet and overcast.

I think your card is really pretty. I do like that stamp you've used again today and it's amazing how different the two cards look when different colours are used. Enjoy your crochet. Barbxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, gorgeous card. The stamp really stands out against the white. And I love your cute little helper.

Liz x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A nice walk on the beach sounds great but alas it has been raining here again today. A fab card using that gorgeous feature stamp, love what you have done with it today.
Lorraine

Carol said...

We had a nice morning here but this afternoon has been a bit of a damp squid! Your card is very pretty Erika....do love the colour combo. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, Holly is just gorgeous and looking at you so longingly for that cuddle.
Your card is lovely, I do like the shape, it makes a lovely change and your design is beautiful.
Was at my crotch class today, I really need to learn how to hold the hook and the yarn, don't expect a project any time soon, Kate x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Erika, such pretty colours and fabulous CAS design.
Pauline
x