Thursday, September 03, 2015

A little horsing around crafty style of course.

Good morning?
How are you all this Thursday?
It's dreich here today, wet, cloudy and miserable.  Time to get on top of the housework and maybe a little crafting later.  I am working a couple of extra shifts this week so back in work tomorrow and Saturday, hence getting as many jobs out of the way today as I can, is a must.

No post from me yesterday, I really didn't feel in the mood for writing.
The 2nd of September is a dark day in our world, I don't really want to discuss it here but needless to say something happened 9 and 20 years ago.
Time is a healer and life does go on but it does stop you thinking of folk on the anniversary of their parting, for those who they left behind and especially because they were taken far too soon.
Every year at this time the words I had with one chap in particular, around 21 years ago, go round and round in my head, not realising at the time it would be the last conversation we would ever have.
I guess the environment that I was involved with and worked in, you could say some incidents/accidents are inevitable.
It doesn't make it any easier when you know the people.

Back to crafting!
On a lighter note today's card has been made for one of my colleagues at work who's friend has reached the big 50 milestone with the request anything horse related.


I coloured the horse with my copic markers and made up the rosette using scraps of red card.
I haven't used my copic markers for such a long time so it was a really nice change to sit in the garden, in the sunshine blending.  Wouldn't that be the life, spending days in the sunshine colouring images!

That's all from me today, don't forget it's oldie time again tomorrow, how did that happen?
I better go and get my skates on and get the boring jobs done before I can play.  Enjoy your Thursday.

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika, I am sending (((((( hugs)))))) I think you need them. Yes if we could only put the clock back change things then carry on, but that's not life. We have as you say just have to get through the day as best as you can. Love your card, I could see some little girl I know liking too.
X

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Erika, I am thinking like my sister (((((hugs)))))
Life I general never goes as we would have wanted.
Love your beautiful card, love the fantastic horse and great design.
Patricia x

Barb said...

What a great idea to put the age on a rosette. Horses and rosettes just perfect. Barbxx

Carol said...

Sending some hugs too Erika, sadly these things happen in life. Love your card...fabulous colouring on the horse and a great idea with the rosette. Carol x

Lau W said...