Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throw back Thursday......Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....just not right now as the sun is out!

Good afternoon, another morning has disappeared!
I now have a couple of days off before back in work for a short shift on Saturday so this morning I have enjoyed the sunshine.  Yes I know I should have been dashing around cleaning bathrooms and tidying the house.
When the sun shines you make the most of it in the North of Scotland and I am in the middle of a good book.  With this in mind I am afraid I say "boo" to work having instead enjoyed breakfast in the garden, a nice cup of tea and a very good book.  Bliss.

Today I have decided to join the lovely Bibiana over at Stamping with Bibiana for another Throw back Thursday event.  This month the request is anything technique bases.
Bibiana has shown the positive and negative use of dies, I had shared this technique at the end of July with my snowflake card so I have picked another card today.
This card, funny enough is still on the snowflake theme but I have used the die to emboss as well as to cut out, I have also cut into the die removing some of the arms.


For the card I have used Spellbinder Grand Nestabilities Scalloped square, the card is all from the Papeterie too.  For the snowflake background I have embossed the snowflakes from Shapeabilities Create a flake 3.  For the large snowflake I have used 2 Snowflake Pendant 2011 dies and 1 2010 Snowflake pendant and cut out in the centre with Spellbinder Nestabilities Classic circle.  I have layered them together and have removed the little bits in between the snowflake arms off.  The sentiment stamp in the centre of the Snowflake is from Kirsty Wiseman Worded baubles and embossed in Silver.  "Snow is falling" is from KW Many Greetings and is inked onto a Shapeabilities Fancy tags 3 but I've then cut the fancy bits off and added some bling.

I do like to play around with the dies, positive, negative, embossing, stencilling and then even removing bits.  Why just stick to a straight forwards cut, there are so many more possibilities available.  
The only thing holding me back is time, the imagination is still flowing it's just finding the time to catch up with all the ideas in my head!
It's maybe not a bad thing 'cause some ideas are probably better not shared!  LOL.

That is all from me this Thursday, I hope you have a good day one.   Is it sunny with you too?
Now the big question is, do I continue my lovely day with some crafty fun or do I knuckle down to the housework?
I fancy myself as a bit of a rebel today!

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I vote rebel! Lovely snowflake card Erika, great idea to chop and cut into the dies I often forget this. It's been raining here for most of the morning :(
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, beautiful card, love the technique you've used and the paper behind the aparture is such a great idea, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

My kind of morning Erika...the bathrooms can wait until it rains! Love your card too, the touch of text behind your snowflake looks fabulous. Carol x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Erika, love the fantastic design.
We have not been so lucky with Sunshine but it has been dry.
Enjoy your evening
Patricia xxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love this technique and as you said we need more time to use all these neat ideas. thanks for sharing this and playing along with me at my TBT challenge
hugs bibiana