Friday, July 03, 2015

"BAGS" you're it! It's Friday, time for an oldie, crafty style of course.

Good morning all, how are you this Friday?  Can you believe it is Friday already, another week has flown by.  My children are now officially on their holidays, I think today will just be a chill out day for them.  I think they get so tired in the run up to the end of term and hubby was on nights last night so hoping for a peaceful relaxing house.  I may even get in a little crafting!

Sharing an oldie on a Friday is all about the fun of crafting, looking back and seeing how your work has changed over the years.  It is all for the fun of sharing but I'd love it if you would consider joining me.  In order that I know you are joining me all I ask is that you leave a wee comment below.  This is purely so I can visit your blog and see what project you have picked.  It can be anything homemade, cards, knitting, painting, anything at all.  I will visit all who leave a message and share in the love of hand making and crafting.

Today's oldie is a wee bag card.  I made this as a class which I taught at the local craft shop in Elgin.
I think this card is a great idea for something a little different on a ladies birthday, a lovely keepsake.
The outer bag.


And inside the card.


The card is made with Kay and Co paper and Spellbinder Nestibilities, Martha Stewart & EK punches and Tim Holtz distress inks.

This project is from 5 years ago, so I guess styles have change a little since then.  I think if I was to make it again now it would be totally different but I still quite like the vintage style of it.
The ladies certainly enjoyed the class and if I remember rightly it was a busy one too.

That's all from me today, at work again tomorrow so a very early start for me, then on Sunday I shall be joining my crafty friends for a afternoon of making, chatting, tea and cake!
The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Have a super weekend all, I shall be back again tomorrow to tickle your crafty funny bone!

7 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Erika, hope you have fun with the boys today, the children have another two weeks of school here yet. Still another warm day ahead but thank goodness it's a little cooler, I really can't cope with this temperature.
I'm joining in today with an 'oldie', my older photo's are becoming quite sparse as I didn't take pictures of my projects very much before starting my blog nearly two years ago. (crikey is it that long!?)
Your bag card is lovely, I like the vintage feel and papers used. I also like the fact that it can be used after the birthday for a keepsake too, it's always great to make something that has other uses.
Well enjoy your day, I have a bit of housework to do (blah) but then it's crafty time for me too (yay!).
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
oh this is a super Oldie for Friday.
I love it, and what a fab inside.
Love the fab paers used too.
Now this is quite funny as I made a bag card for my daughter the other day for her Birthday, but the inside wasn't as lovely as yours.
Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your Sons holidays.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, love your wee bag card, gorgeous papers and the spotty ribbon is lovely.
Another hot day for us here, but a little more breeze thankfully.
I've joined in this week.
You'll be kept busy with the school holidays, have a fab time with your boys, hugs Kate x

Diane said...

Greetings Erika, wow what a fabulous project and designs.

Hugs Diane

Patricia said...

Super project Erika, love the pretty papers and great design.
Patricia xxx

Carol said...

Gorgeous oldie Erika, love the vintage feel and the inside decoration. Our schools broke up today, hope the good weather lasts for 6 weeks! Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

Jo said...

That's a fab oldie Erika, the inside is gorgeous & I do like the vintage style. Hope your boys enjoyed a chilled out day yesterday.....my lot still have 2 weeks to go, can't wait....just hope it's a bit cooler for them!
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
hugs Jo x