Thursday, May 28, 2015

Crafting as we speak, starting with a clean slate!

Good morning all and how are you this fine Thursday, can you believe, Thursday already?
We have beautiful blue skies here but there's a cold wind or should I say it's a tad breezy (by Scottish standards!)
I know this because as I walked the dog along the beach today I had the joys of sand in my face and the occasional spray of water.  A great way to blow away the cobwebs first thing and to really wake you up for the day ahead.
On the upside it is good drying weather so one lot of clothes is drying on the line and the next lot is washing as we speak.  Can you tell I have a day off?  Lots to do and not enough hours in the day, I also think I run at a different pace on my day off.  Or is it just me?  I tend to slow down the pace.

I have a few projects up my sleeves to show soon you but I need to keep them under wraps for a little longer.  You could say I've been beavering away in the background!

Today I am sharing another creative fellas work.  One of my pals at work partner works with slate and whiskey stave's, he makes some beautiful pieces.  I asked if he could do me some place mats and coasters.  I love them, they're so chunky and even have fool's gold running through them.


They're all obviously the same size but I love the fact that each one is slightly different.

I also had a wee crafty purchase over the weekend, a couple of sizzix dies I have been after for a long time, I finally got them.


Oh I love this poinsettia die and have had it on my wish list for ages after seeing this....


Aren't these pillar boxes just wonderful that Richele made?
You should check out her other work on her blog California art girl, her quilting and fabric work (most recent post) is absolutely stunning.
Oh if only.
I'd love to make a quilt like that, what a fabulous keepsake.  You really MUST pay her a visit.  x

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best this Thursday, more from me tomorrow when I share another oldie.

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Your slate mat and coasters are lovely, I do like things like this.
dies are fab, have fun using them, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

Love your mats and coasters Erika...my kind of thing. Look forward to seeing some makes with your new dies. Carol x

Hazel said...

Erika, I thought there for a moment you were going to show what you were going to do with your slate mats and coasters? I have a round set that we were given as a gift a couple of Christmas ago, they are lovely as they are but, I could have seen you doing something special to them. Love your dies and those pillow boxes. Hazel,x

Patricia said...

Great mats and coasters, love them.
Wow! I also love those Dies.
Patricia xxx