Friday, April 17, 2015

Share an oldie, crafty style this Friday.

Good morning all, it's that time again....FFFriday and time for an oldie.
Please feel free to join me sharing an old crafty project, just for the fun of it, all I ask is that you leave a comment below, that way I know you are joining me plus I can pop over to your blog and leave you one too.  All for the love of crafting!
Today's card I am sharing is this one.....


For this card I have used:
Paper:  Tim Holtz Kraft resist 12" pad, American craft black textured card stock.
Stamps:  Andy Skinner Flight of Fancy and Word Up.
Inks:  Ranger distress inks Crushed olive, Vintage photo and Black Soot.
Spellbinder nestabilities:  Labels 14.
Embellishments:  Tim Holtz Tissue tape, Game spinner and Sprocket gears. 
Wool from stash.

I saw this idea for a box card over on Shari Carroll's blog, although mine is very different the basic structure of the card is the same. 
This is a 3D card that folds flat to post providing you don't add lots of embellishments. 

This is a little different to my usual style of card just now.  Lots of inky fingers making this one if I remember rightly.

It only remains for me to thank you for joining me today, have a super weekend, I hope you find some crafting time.  I have a bit of a treat this afternoon, a hot stone massage!  Can't wait, it is so relaxing.
Tomorrow I am on a later shift at work, another dine in day so it will be a busy one.
Then on Sunday I have my monthly crop, I'm looking forwards to it.  I think I shall be packing all those lovely new dies I showed you yesterday for me to have a play with. 
Have a super weekend, more from me tomorrow.  x

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very different style to usual Erika but it's good to push our crafting boundaries sometimes. I love this style actually but it's one that I don't often get the chance to create, my customers don't order this style. On the rare occasion that I get to make a project for myself that is when I get inky :) Love the stamping and the cogs.
Have a good weekend.
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
well I'm back with and Oldie this week.
Your Oldie is fab and a wonderful creation.
Love the fab design of this.
I don't know about you, but it usually take 24 hours to get the distress inks off my hands, especially the darker ones, but they are so good to use for these type of projects.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lau W said...

Oh superb !!
Have a nice week-end, with sun !
Here, sunshine but not high temperatures,
while Wednesday we have 27 °, the dream!
Big hugs ! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, amazing card, lots of things going on with it, makes a fab male card.
I will be posting my Oldie now.
Sorry to have been away for a wee while, have'nt been well, getting more human now, hugs Kate x

Cara said...

I love all the wool, gives so much movement and texture to the card, making a great masculine card. Have a great weekend and don't work too hard.