Monday, April 06, 2015

In the great scheme of things.....handmade is best!

Good morning all, how are you today?

Another lazy morning here, at this rate spring cleaning will be doing itself.

On Friday last week I had a post over on The great scheme of things and it is this card;


It is made using a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Classic favourites stamp set. I have stamped the dragonfly with Navy memento ink and coloured using copic markers BG10 and 34,BV02 and 08 then V15 and 17. I have mat and layered on coordinating cardstock, purple and aqua and added a little glitter using Stickles Diamond and Distress stickle Tumbled glass for the dragonfly body. Finally I have added a Hobby house ocean aurora embellishment.

This is last weeks colour combination, should you wish to join us there is a new combination this week. 



I have to admit I had to move this card away once I got to this point, do you sometimes find that difficult?
I so wanted to add a 3d layer to the wings with transparent paper.
Step away from the card and keep the simple lines! 
I don't know about you but when I think Tim Holtz stamps I never think clean lines preferring to go grungy and or inky.  This time I wanted to do the opposite to what I would normally, if you get my drift.

No plans as yet for today, but I'm sure I shall come up with something, have a super Easter Monday.  x

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love this Erika, the colours are gorgeous. Hope you enjoyed your day. Carol x

Diane said...

What a gorgeous dragon fly and great colors.

Hugs diane