Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Flowers, every girls tonic, crafty style of course.

Good morning, another day in work for me so another quick post before I head in.  It's a tad dreich here today but lets hope the weather improves later in the day.

I seem to have got back into my card making groove although still along the minimal phase this last week.  It is also evident in my craft room which is a tip again, a creative mind definitely isn't a tidy one.  Where would be the fun in that?
Today I have a wee tonic for all you ladies out there.  Who doesn't like flowers?


Did you pick up on my pun on words?
For these cards I have used Tonic die set Garden terrace, header set together with Papertrey ink sentiment die birthday.  I have layered on coloured cardstock and added a bit of bling.
Rather than used the tonic die as a header I have rotated it through 180 degrees and cut it twice on the same card.  Lots of detail going on and the different colour creates depth, the card is actually flat for postage.

That's all from me today, I'm away to get the kids off to school and have some breakfast before heading into work myself.  Have a super Wednesday, whatever your plans might be.  x

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two fabulous cards and a bonus to be flat for posting too, so expensive these days.
It's a beautiful die and looks very versatile a great one to have in your arsenal.
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
2 fabulous creations here.
Love the fab design of these, and the wonderful colour card background.
Lots of crafty love. jenny L.

Hazel said...

Erika, I love your two cards, goes to show how you can get the best out of a die.. Hazel x

Carol said...

Two super cards Erika, the design is fabulous...so elegant and would be great for batch making. Carol x

Patricia said...

Brilliant cards Erika, love the colours and the FANTASTIC designs.
Patricia xxx