Thursday, March 26, 2015

Another craft free day, planning one instead.

Remember I mentioned that I had ordered some goodies from the States?
I had a play with them on Sunday but didn't like the acrylic felt, so today after work I picked up some wool felt already to have a go at this.  These are the samples from the Papertrey ink blog, link below.


Aren't they lovely, you can see more inspiration over at the Papertrey ink blog.
I do hope mine look as lovely as these, it's a case of watch this space.
I did start to have a play on Sunday but didn't like the felt or colours.
Can you guess what colours I picked up today?  LOL, bet you can.

Today was a momentous day for my eldest boy as after work and school we had another visit to the dentist.  This time was the best one as he had his brace removed, teeth all polished and perfect.
What was the first thing he did?
He came home and ate an apple.
He hasn't been able to do that in the last four years and really enjoyed it.
The simple things!
My youngest had a gang of friends around when we got home, the noise coming from upstairs would suggest that a good time was had by all before they all disappeared for tea.
Other than feeding my lot I don't know where the evening has gone, a tad achy here tonight so I think a nice aromatherapy bath is in order.
More from me tomorrow when I share another oldie, why not join in the fun?  x


4 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika, love the the colour of that felt, csnt wait to see what you produce with your new felt purchase. I can just imsgine the pleasure your son had eating that Apple. Hazel x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, awaiting your creations with the felt, I just know they will be wonderful.
I hope your son enjoyed his apple. hugs Kate x

Carol said...

I look forward to seeing your makes Erika, these are really pretty. My eldest had his jaws wired for 6 weeks after an op when he was eighteen...he ate everything in sight when they unwired him!! Carol x

Patricia said...

It's me and I am a day late .....
Love the look of the things you are going to be creating.
I am with you on the Acrylic Felt ..... gives me the heeby, jeebys to feel it. Look forward to seeing your makes.
Oh!! I can imagine the joy of eating that Apple. I have a vertical crack in one of my front teeth (repaired and is invisible) however I am really frightened to bite into an apple. I eat them but they have to be sliced.
Hugs
Patricia xxx