Wednesday, November 05, 2014

It was an itsy bitsy tiny weeny...................!

Morning all, my goodness an early post!  I better sit down.  In truth I had an early morning call from work and then I had a friends child over before school so organised.com today.
Washing on and the dog is walked.
The tide was high again this morning, but we managed to hold on!
On that note the sea was very rough today, you could hear the waves crashing on opening the door.
Brr, wet and dreich again, once at the beach I could see the waves were crashing over the harbour wall, taking no prisoners!  Nature at it's best.
We walked to the next bay and I have never seen so much foam, it looked like one large angry bubble bath, certainly one you wouldn't be putting your toe and thinking, mmmm relaxing!

A cup of tea in hand now and bloggerty blogging before deciding what to do next, decisions, decisions.
I have about 10 bespoke cards to make and all the usual boring housework to do but on the bright side I am at the hairdressers lunchtime, time to get rid of the grey again!
Then it's music night in our household, drums are us, which can only mean one thing, this morning I shall be enjoying the peace and quiet.

Yesterday's post explained all about my photograph today, it's my itsy bitsy tiny weeny poppy to show you.  I used cotton thread for these little beauties, right fiddly to make but then I am known locally in the crafting fraternity as the Queen of fiddle!
I don't really know whether it is a compliment or not but today I'm feeling positive so I'll take the good from it.
Without further ado.....


That's a 20p so you can get an idea of the size.  
I've been told many times, good things come in small packages!  
I've never been able to use the phrase, not being vertically challenged.  The only time I do get this feeling is at work, the two guys I work with are both over 6 foot.  When I stand in between both of them, I feel small!

I am rambling on again so I shall sign off now before you think I have totally lost my marbles.  Have a super "hump" day no matter what you have planned and happy crafting!  x

5 comments:

Hazel said...

WOW!!! Erika these are fab. Well done for getting them so small and down to a pin size. Hazel x

Lau W said...

Wouahhh ! This is beautiful !! perfect work Erika !!
Have a nice day, brrrr, 9° here and rain, it's grey bouuhhhh !
xxx

Patricia said...

"Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" ....... !!!
Love, love, love, those little "pin" Poppy's you Clever girl. I have some nice colours of Fine Crochet Cotton that would make nice "flower" pins for any time of the year. If you would like it you are welcome to it, just say.
Hugs

Patricia x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, the little poppies are gorgeous, how do work with such a fiddley size, amazing, hugs Kate x

Jenny L said...

Ho Erika,
my I love this fab tweeny poppy, any chance of the instructions.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.