Friday, October 10, 2014

Oh my it's FFFFFriday again....time for sharing those oldies!

Good morning to you all and what a difference a day makes, the sun is out and the sky is blue, it's a little colder but much dryer.  The dog and I have had a lovely long walk this morning, time for a cuppa and a catch up on here.

Whoops, I missed a post yesterday, but more about my day later, first I wanted to share today's oldie.
This one is for Hazel who makes the most beautiful gift baskets.



Not quite to your standards Hazel but I love this as just a little added eggstra (do you see what I did there!) for a baby.
I have used papers from the Basic Grey range Archaic and the chipboard shapes and brads.  I have added a bit of stitching...google eyes...a small tag from SU marked "baby" a bit of ribbon and a charm marked "love".  Oh and where would we be without a greeting from the 'puter?!
The egg box I wanted to keep as simple as possible and basically took the paper from the supermarket off and used as a template to cut the BG, to which I added a brad and chipboard.  Everything has been inked with Vintage photo distress ink from the Ranger pads.
I also bought a little hoody with dinosaurs on and a first book of Dinosaurs to match!
Inside the egg box I added 2 pair of first size socks and scratch mitts plus bigger Dino socks to go with the hoody.

I'd love to see your oldies this Friday so don't forget to leave a message below so I know you are playing along, I will visit everyone who does and thank you in advance for joining me.  It can be anything at all that you have created yourself.  Go on, you know you want to, I'd love to see your work.  x

Back to yesterday and I was at work, we have a great deal on this weekend at M & S, I just have to share.  It is a family roast for a tenner.  That is a chicken or gammon or turkey or pork with three sides which  includes a bag of tatties or roasties and two difference packets of vegetables.  
A great deal don't you think?
We had honey gammon last night and it was delish!
I think we might be a little busy this weekend.

Last night my youngest had his end of term school disco, which was very exciting for him, he came home with glow sticks and a bouncy balloon having had a great time, but didn't do any dancing!  LOL.
Whilst he was out hubby and I went to pick this up for his bedroom.


It was a bargain and was on one of the local Facebook sites, reuse and recycle in operation here. The covers are off today for a quick wash and then it is ready for his bedroom.  We have been promising to decorate his bedroom and to make it more grown up for him for a while, I guess now he has a new chair to use for playing his Xbox, it is time to start.  He loves the colour red and as the new white is grey (apparently) his colour combo is sorted.  Time to order a new carpet and have a clear out.  I'm not looking forwards to the clear out part!

Now you can see why I didn't get chance to post yesterday, after tea, homework, the disco and a trip out it was time to put my feet up with a cheeky B and C and chill out for an hour before bed.

I'm in work early again tomorrow so this morning I shall be doing a little housework before enjoying some time this afternoon doing a little crafting before the children break up for the tattie holiday, where did that term go?  
Mind you, I am in a tidying mood today, it doesn't happen very often, so I might even tackle my craft room! Shock!
If I do that I might need a sit down in a darkened room later.  
I would show you a picture of the state of it but it's not even at that stage of untidiness to share. :0

Enjoy your weekend and more from me next week.  x

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika. Love what you have done with that baby gift, different but fab, mmmm! Might just keep this one in mind. Great bargain of that chair, I am all for recycling especially where kids are concerned. We have a great project place here in Cupar and I have had great bargains, I just love going and having a look to see if there is anything new. Have fun tidying not my favourite job these days. Dont work to hard. You have two weeks of having to do things with the boys. Very tiring. Hazel xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,

what a natty way to use up an egg box.
Great idea.
Your card looks super too.
Oh that's a very lovely chair, and stool, I bet he was so thrilled with it.
I love the colour red.
Sorry I;m a bit late with my entry into the Oldie, and still had my throw back Thursday challenge card showing when you visited.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Erika, sorry I didn't get around to posting and oldie this week, but your two makes are fabulous, love the egg gift box, ans it's a lovely card for a new baby. Have a good weekend, hugs Kate x

Lau W said...

So sweet and original baby gift ! Love your creativity my dear firend !
xxx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

hi Erika, I am coming from jenny's blog...who point out to me your blog...I find out so funny your posts...because it turns out that I started a very similar challenge at my blog. I did not know about your blog until today! My challenge all started because I started posting at instagram (very recently) and "Throwback Thursdays" #TBT is well known over there...do you know it? anyways it is posting old photos in your instagram, but mine since I am a crafter too I decided to make this game at my blog too. so anyways, I thought to tell you that you could play along with us, since you are bringing back oldies as well one of these days if that interests you...what a coincidence!!!
ok, hope you can join us! cheers from california
bibiana