Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A little shaker for you, CAS style.

Afternoon all and how are you this Wednesday, can you believe it's the middle of the week already? 
Doesn't time fly when you are having fun?
Sorry for the absent post yesterday but time got away from me with being at work, you know how it is, by the time I had caught up with everything the fire was on, the tea was done and dusted so my crocheting was calling.  It is much more civilised crafting by the fire than venturing to my colder craft room.

Today I thought I'd share with you a card I made recently for a friend who wanted a clean and simple silver wedding anniversary card.  I have used a set from Papertrey ink where you get the dies, sprinkles and foam to be able to make shaker cards, oh and stamps too which I didn't use this time opting to personalise via the computer instead.  


I quite like this effect and used to make a lot of shaker cards when I first started card making.  
Isn't it funny that things just go full circle?
I think I might get lots of use from this set when I get chance to play again.

As Christmas is approaching I am thinking of ideas for friends and family, both for the festive season and birthdays (We seem to have a lot of birthdays in the run up to Christmas). Pressies ahoy!
The only problem I have is time especially as I get called in to do extra hours at work.  Mind you, I don't know about you, the more I tend to have to do, the better organised I am and the more I tend to get done.  Guess that's where the phrase "if you want something doing ask a busy person" comes from.  I have been known to go into "slug" or as I like to call it "veg mode" if I know I have nothing important to do.  If I could keep the pace going I'd be so damn efficient!  If only.
It would beat running around like a mad woman in December.

I have a birthday order to complete so I better make a move, then it's music lesson ahoy later as it's drumming night.  Lots of noise ahead.
Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday and happy crafting.  x

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, love your card and I love the shaker idea, the heart die is beautiful.
enjoy your evening, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Good evening Erika,
Love your beautiful card, brilliant design.
We have the fire on only thing is I will have clean it out in the morning ......!!! Got the Crochet here on my lap not getting much done though.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Hazel said...

Erika I do love your card, design is beautiful . Oh yes work gets I. The way of crafting, seeing I am back at work no crafting getting done. Hazel x

Lau W said...

Such an elegant card, love the shaker, oh superb !!!
Love to read your posts ! :-)
xxx

marion said...

Love this, so dashing, hugs, Marion

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a fab anniversary card.
Love the design, and the fab shaker part too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Juls said...

Very stylish card :-) xx