Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Good evening folks, better late than not at all!
A busy day here, getting both boys to school and then off to work, followed by picking them both up and cracking on with jobs and tea around the home.
I'm quite fancying a nice hot soak now but thought I'd visit you in blogland first.  I have a few bespoke cards to share, as they've not yet been picked up, I shall have to wait.  Instead I thought I'd share my new lampshade with you.....how exciting is that?  Bet you can't wait!
I was thinking of one of my friends Tina when I saw this as I know she loves butterflies.  I think I might be getting the drift too.
It is duck egg blue just like my paint and probably the only girlie thing upstairs.  I'm rebelling!
It's much prettier in the flesh, so to speak.


I did contemplate adding a little bling, but maybe that would be taking things too far, don't you think?

A short and sweet post from me today, hopefully tomorrow I shall be more organised although Wednesday is usually my busy night with both boys having activities that clash.
I like to call it my mid-week dash!
Happy crafting.  x

6 comments:

Fiona said...

love it Erika...very pretty.

Fi
x

cuilliesocks said...

Good Evening Erika, did you make the whole lamp, or just decorate it?
It's lovely, whichever. It's coming up green on my PC.
I got my first day over, and came home and had a snooze whilst Alistair prepared our tea, boy was whacked I'd been in the kitchen all day. Just two more days to go then off again, I love this part-time lark, hugs KATE X

Kirsti said...

No go for it! X

Hazel said...

Love your lamp shade. Yes you are out number but you need a few girlie things too. Been a long day here to will be glad when both are away to school tomorrow. Hazel xx

Elaine said...

Oh it's gorgeous Erika!!
What did I say about your versatility...yep, I was right, as always :)
I love butterflies too and they add a lovely delicate feminine touch.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Lau W said...

Oh so nice lamp ! another creation of you ? so nice, love butterflies !
xxx