Friday, May 02, 2014

Sharing an oldie this Friday.......LIS style.

Afternoon, it's a cold one out there today but the sun is shining bright and making up for it with not a cloud in the sky.
My eldest survived his Duke of Edinburgh trek and night in a tent and seems to have had a great time.  As expected he didn't get much sleep and after lots of walking with a full pack on his back it's safe to say he is a tad weary.

Today seems to be one of those days which has come and gone after a dog walk this morning, a few messages under my belt, shopping and picking my boy up, the best part of the day has gone.
Time to iron my uniform and get organised for work tomorrow then maybe have a play with something later!

Remember last week I mentioned about showing your oldies?!
A couple of you mentioned you wouldn't like to as you don't like your earlier work.
I must admit I look back at some of my scrap booking and think yikes...but isn't that half the fun?
Anyway today's oldie for you is of the less is more style which I seem to be championing so much of just lately.


For this card I have used:
Stamps from SU Sweet Summer.
Embossing folder dots from Cuttlebug. 
Tag punch and stamp also SU.
Distress ink Blue storm.
Blue Seam binding.
Martha Stewart deep edge punch blossom eyelet.
Spellbinder die labels 14.
Coloured with shades of blue copic pens.
Blue and clear bling, plus card from stash.

Don't forget if you want to join me leave a message at the end of my post and a link to your work.
I will visit you all.....sharing the crafty love!

It only remains for me to wish you all the very best for the coming Bank holiday weekend, have a good one and more from me next week.

5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

It is a very pretty oldie but goodie!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Erika, lovely card, love the stamp and the colours you've chosen. My early cards were awful, there was always a mistake on them, but I used to laugh and say it's my signature, don't work too hard tomorrow, and have a good bank holiday, hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

Good evening Erika, glad to read your oldest survived is night in the tent, and it's carrying everything on their backs that takes it out of them. Your oldie is great, like Kate I like the colours and the stamp you used. Don't work to hard. Hazel xx

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Erika.Hope you have a fab weekend xx

Juls said...

very stylish!!! Hugs Juls