Thursday, March 20, 2014

An artist by any other name.

Morning!
A lovely walk along the beach today, dare I say Spring could be on it's way?  Best not.
The kitchen cupboards are all looking a lot cleaner and emptier after a mammoth chuck out....just the appliances to go now and then the larder.   I'm just doing a bit each day in-between other jobs.  Mind you today I have my rope and crampons out and at the ready.....can you tell what I'm going to be doing soon? Boo!

Today I am sharing a bespoke order for an artist who will soon be 70. This chap enjoys painting watercolour land and seascapes so this is what I came up with.


Lots to crack on with today, I will share more later!
I hope you have a great Thursday.  x

7 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Erika
wow this is amazing I love it so personal and I love how you have used buttons to look like paint on the palet he will love it for sure
Jacki x

Patricia said...

Good rainy afternoon Erika ..... Well it's pouring rain here in Perthshire anyway!!!
Love your stunning card, just perfect for an artist.
Can I be cheeky and ask where you for the paint brush, palette etc:-
Good luck with the "mountaineering".........!!!
Hugs

Patricia xxx

marion said...

Love it, so personal and fabulous, hugs, Marion

Hazel said...

Erika this is fantastic, clever you useing buttons as paints- just love it. Oh dear iron mountain again, but it's does do that you get to the button then it's back a mountain again, my Tammy takes in ironing, (she loves ironing) I like doing it to just as well with having works to do as well as ours. We must be mad I know! Glad you are getting round those cupboards. Hazel xx

Diane said...

What a fantastic design Erika, I love all the elements you have added.

Hugs diane

Lau W said...

Wow ! SUperb card for an artist, very creative, as always !
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card Erika, just perfect for an artist, your layout is great and I love your little embellishments. Hugs Kate x