Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas everyone.

Oh well I didn't get a post up on Christmas eve or yesterday.  #Busy chilling in the real world.
Did he visit you?
He's been here.
Christmas eve was spent making sure I had all the last minute food bits and bobs, wrapping and delivering presents.
Christmas day was an early start in this house with the kids up at 6.  Excited!  Mind you my husband was up for a 12 hour shift also so it was nice to open the presents with him before he headed off for the day. 
I had a lovely walk on the beach with my best mate and our dogs, no snow here just bright blue skies.
Later in the morning we popped into hubby's work to see how his day was going before I came home and cracked on with the lunch.  The rest of my day was spent chilling, watching films, eating and drinking....a relaxing Christmas day.
I'll be back in the kitchen today as I have a big joint of beef from work for later, a family tradition, we always have beef on Boxing day followed by a walk along the beach or to the woods.

So what am I sharing today?
In the true spirit of Christmas I thought I'd share my Christmas cake with you.  I have followed Mary Berry's recipe this year and added a little extra brandy!

 
It even fits in my new glass dome.  Just!

 
Back to normal here tomorrow as I head into work both Friday and Saturday.  I think there will be lots of tidying to do after the carnage that is Christmas in the retail world.  It should be fun!
 
I hope you are enjoying the festive season.  I'll be back again soon.  x

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Erika, you definitely need the "extra" Brandy in the cake. It is really beautiful, decoration is fantastic, fits in your dome perfectly.
Is your O/H a "firefighter" ?? My son is with the Fire Service although at the moment not "on the run" as they talk about.
Have a "wonderful" BoxIng Day try not to eat too much!!!
Best Wishes to you all
Hugs

Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Happy Boxing Day Erika, fantastic looking cake, like the idea with having a bit more brandy in it.

have a lovely day with your family, and good luck tomorrow at work, hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

Good evening Erika, glad you have been able to have some family time even if your husband has had to work.
Love you cake and in that doom it looks very professional.
We had a lovely walk with dog and grandsons this afternoon. Hope it's not to busy at work, I am just waiting to see if I have to go to work tomorrow it depends if granny goes home tomorrow or not.

Hazel xxx

Juls said...

Beautiful! Hugs Juls

Lau W said...

Wow ! Superb cake, so wonderful presentation !
Hope your Christmas was fabulous !
xxx

Shazza said...

fab cake Erika, think a walk on the beach would have been great! need to work some calories off
x