Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sharing the love, corny but true!

Back again and it looks like it is going to be another super day weather wise. 
Yesterday evening I took the boys to the beach after dooking.  The weather was beautiful and even the breeze was warm...which you don't get to say very often in Scotland. 

Today I want to share the last of my corny makes and it's a heart.  Now I was trying to go for a more primitive shape here but having made it I do think a more traditional heart would work better.  You live and learn, there is no right and wrong in crafting....just remaking and altering till you get exactly what you want.  Unfortunately that only comes with experience and practise, with a new hobby I need to learn patience and not expect perfection from the outset.  I'm finding that with my crocheting too.  I will share more of that at a later date.

Here is my heart......


I think these will also look good on the Christmas tree...rustic will be the way to go this year if I get organised.  I always have great intentions at this time of year but with the start of Christmas demonstrating looming my own work takes a back seat.

Have you been watching clips from CHA in the states this week?
Drool, drool!
Myself and 3 friends went over the pond for the Craft show 4 years ago and had a ball.  The show is where all the years new craft releases are shown for the first time.  Lots of "ooooing" and "arrrring" and dare I say a little stroking occurs.  LOL.  With all the big names there demonstrating and chatting with fella addicts.
Well jel!  Would love to be there.
Can't wait to see the new Spellbinder and Tim Holtz products in the shops over here to name but two.
Have you seen Tim's new glitter........


Oooo I've gone all girlie....glitter and sparkle but not as you know it!

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Love your heart corn creation, very rustic, and yest would make a lovely tree decoration.
Caught Sue the other day, I booked the spot for the telly and just loved what she was doing, Have a great day, Kate,x

Diane said...

Very fun decoration, it would look nice on a tree.

Regards diane

Hazel said...


Erika another great make, glad you are still having good weather here in Fife it's not been nice for a few days.

Hazel x