Monday, June 24, 2013

What a day....oh I do like to be beside the seaside!

Hi folks another late post from me today.  I have been in my craft room all day today and have had a very good tidy up.  OMG I have desks, draws and a floor!!  Whoop, whoop, and it only took all day.
Yesterday we had a good giggle at our local crop all though I didn't do much I did learn to crochet a flower which I will share with you later in the week....it will make you smile!
Today I wanted to share a canvas I made for my monthly post over at It's a Creative World
This stamp so reminded me of our local beach so I just had to have it to make a canvas with.

 
 
The stamp is by Molly Blooms Seaside huts.  I have coloured with my copic markers.  The frame has been coated with white acrylic paint then distressed with vintage photo.  The canvas is inked with Distress Broken china, picket fence and brushed corduroy.  The paper and tiles I've had for ages so can't supply details....probably not made anymore but I guess behind every crafter is a bit of a hoarder....or is that just me?!
 
I now just need to put it up in the house somewhere.
 
That's all from me today, short but sweet....more tomorrow.  Take care.  x

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely image and the fact you have made it into a picture and can hang it up is great, love the frame and how you have distressed it. Coulouring as usual is brilliant, kate x

Kat said...

Gorgeous Erika. Love the bright colours of these cute huts.

I've not been in Hopeman for a long time. We went on holiday there when I was very small and I'm struggling to remember if I've been there since.

Kat xx

Juls said...

He he ..... I have just had a big sort out of my craft space 2!!! I'm impressed that it only took you a day!! Lol took me 5!! Love your canvas it's just fab!! Great image gorgeous colours!! Love the dimension & the framing of it. Enjoy your neat & tidy craft room :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Erika, oh I do love to beside the seaside, a wee song that came to mind when I saw your post. Lovely design and colouring, it needs a special place to hang and be admired.

Wilma x x x

Lau W said...

Oh this is beautiful, such a nice canvas ! Love this image, love how you've coloured it, superb !
xxx

scrappymo! said...

Love your design...great idea to use the scrabble tiles for the name of the beach. This is going to look lovely in your home!

Shazza said...

love your canvas and yes that stamp is a Hopeman look- a -likey :-)
x