Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spellbinding labels.

Evening all, what started as a morning post yesterday has slipped to an evening post today.  Whoops!
Sometimes getting out and about just gets in the way of blogging....but isn't that how it should be?
With all the lovely weather we've been having you've just got to get out and make the most of it.  This morning as I walked the dog along the beach a pod of dolphins swam by playing behind a boat...I never ever tire of seeing them and each time is magical.  What a great start to the day.

Yesterday I went to a new craft shop in Forres as they hold a craft and chat once a month on a Monday morning at 10.30.  I took some crocheting and met a few new faces and a couple I haven't seen in a while so that was a nice start to the week. 
Today having caught up on the ironing I have been making a couple of cards for a new addition in our extended family...well not strictly family but you know those really good friends you like to think of as family?  I will share them at a later date.

Back to my demo samples and this is a card made using my spellbinder dies.


For this card I have used Spellbinder labels 8 and Decorative labels 8 together with papers from MME The sweetest thing Bluebell and Saturated canary image Honey, coloured with copic markers.
To create the Spellbinder card I cut one decorative labels 8 as normal and then another with a one inch flap at the top that folds over, this then attaches to the other label cut earlier and you get the whole of the die shape for the card.  Make sense?!  I hope so.  If you don't use the flap and make a card the tendency is to loose part of the shape with the fold...this way you don't.  Clever eh!  When cutting the label with the flap remember just to keep it under the last of the cut on the die, that way the fold stays in tact.

I have kept the card simple as I like to when using the intricate dies.....I personally like it that way, but that is just my opinion and style just now.
That's all from me today, hopefully I should be back tomorrow morning....depending on what the day brings of course.
Happy crafting. x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Snap Erika, I have been trying the hinged card technique today and they are lovely. It s nice to get all the design on the card, more professional. Am sitting outside catching the last of the evening warmth before finishing my card. Your card is gorgeous and as you say you do't need much to complete this card because of the filigree frame.

Wilma x x x

Shazza said...

I love this Erika, not sure I am clear how you did it, maybe show me on Sunday??
x

Juls said...

Ooooh a new craft shop in the area, must check it out!!! Fantabulous card!!! Hugs Juls xxx

Kat said...

I have to agree that simple is best with those intricate dies. I love how you've got the whole of the die shape for the card. Thanks for the tip.

I've been to a knit and crochet and chat group this afternoon. I got the afternoon off after working the morning on my day off. Not sure if the lady I was helping with her crochet found me to be much help. Really difficult showing someone how to do something when you've been doing it forever! I'll miss the next one as my colleague goes on holiday for two weeks next week. I just love working full time, not''!

Kat xx

Lau W said...

Oh such nice work with this die ! And love SC image, a beauty !
xxx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous! Not quite sure how you did the flap...but I love the look ofit. I think I could muddle through it though...sure pretty!