Monday, June 10, 2013

May you have a Spellbinding day!

Hello again and I'm back as promised, a little later than planned but as always there is a good reason behind that.  After a busy weekend at M & S and through at The Papeterie in Aberdeen, today I enjoyed a day in the garden sorting it out and potting out the rest of my bedding plants and having a good old tidy up. 
It is glorious up here today, as the song goes....."the sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view!"
Plus my garden is now looking a lot better than it was.
I've even managed lunch out and a couple of dog walks.  I will be tired tonight.com.  Far too much excitement for one day!

Back to the first of my card samples for Aberdeen and this is a re-jig of one I made earlier as it was so popular.


For this card I used Spellbinder embossing folder Framed Petite labels together with Nestabilities die labels 21 and Shapeabilities die Fancy tags 2.  The key and lock are from the D-lites die Love locket.
To make the card I coated the folder with Versa mark ink and then put it through the Calibur.  I then coated  the card with Perfect pearls silver powder.  The dies were then placed on top and the sentiment from Inkadinkadoo Thoughts for the day was added together with a satin bow and pearls.
I love the shimmer you get from this technique, you really need to give it a go....it looks so much better in real life and perfect for Wedding and Anniversary cards.

That's all from me today...back tomorrow with more.  Enjoy the sunshine.

4 comments:

Lau W said...

Happy to hear tht the weather was nice !!
Your card is elegant, very nice work, love all the dies !
xxx

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Erika. Love that lock and key die. Love the intricacy of it.

Been gorgeous here today too and I've been at work all day!!

Kat xx

Unknown said...

Enjoy the weather while it lasts, it sure recharges the batteries. Love the way you have added sparkle to your card Erika, must give this a try.

Wilma x x x

Hazel said...


Beautiful elegant card, love the simpleness of it.
Hazel