Friday, June 21, 2013

It's magic Saturated Canary style with a touch of Spellbinders!

 
Today I have a bit of magic for you.  Why, whilst I'm typing this am I thinking, in a Paul Daniels voice, "that's magic!"
Yes I know...one crazy lady but that is what I am thinking.
Today I am sharing a silent video.  I have been asked a few times to do on-line tutorials but I hate the sound of my own voice.  So think Charlie Chaplin in colour whilst watching this very quick clip!
The thing is with this card today if I was just to show you the card you wouldn't get the full impact of how it works so it was a necessary evil, I just hope it works.
Now I can't take the credit for this idea as I found the instructions on good old You Tube here with many thanks to Christina Griffiths for sharing.  This is a great card to do for kids as both mine have said "Wow, how do you do that?"
 
To the photographs....
 
This is the card shut.

This is it open.

To make the card I have used Spellbinder dies Ornate Square, Classic circles and Decorative labels eight, together with SC image Lilliana, coloured with copic markers.  The paper is from MME and textured cardstock.  The sentiment it from Hero arts Anytime messages and the ribbon and embellishments are from my stash.
It really looks difficult to make but is quite easy you just need to make sure that the two different images match up exactly or "the magic" doesn't work.
That's all for me today.  I was absent this morning as I was away to weigh in at Slimming World, I've changed sessions to a Friday morning.    Whoop, whoop I got my 3 stone award today.  Happy, happy, happy and a good start to the weekend.  Have a good one.  I'm in work tomorrow and then cropping on Sunday so another busy couple of days.
Happy crafting and I'll be back next week with more.  x

5 comments:

marion said...

Lovely Erica, I know your own voice sounds terrible when you here it, was fun watching, have a fab weekend, hugs,marion

cuilliesocks said...

"A Star is born"! your first movie Erika, well done.
Great tag and yes it is magic, love it with the gorgeous image and colours.

Well done on the weight thing, it's a wonderful achievement. Have a good weekend, Kate x

Lau W said...

Love your magical creation ! and love all the dies and elements !
Your video is fun :-))
Have a nice week-end !
xxx

Shazza said...

fantastic card,I need to make one of those. Congrats on the 3 stone, see you Sunday x

Juls said...

Congrats on the award, & your card is amazing!! Hugs Juls