Friday, October 12, 2012

It wouldn't be Christmas without a little black number!

My youngest is off to school dressed as an Oompa Loompa this morning as it's the end of  Book week and the brief was to dress as a character from the Roald Dahl books.  He was so excited this morning, his breakfast was hardly touched.  I am biased but he does suit a green wig!
I'm sure they'll all have a fun day.

Back to Christmas, no I hear you cry....what would it be without a little black number?!


For this card I have used PI stamp set Joy to the world by Kirsty Wiseman together with embossing powder Pewter shimmer and bling from my stash.
The step card is 11 x 5 1/2"  and instructions can be followed with the Splitcoast stampers video here, thanks Frances for the inspiration.

I'm back in work this afternoon and again tomorrow so having a quick morning making a few cards, it's either that or more ironing and I know what wins.  Maybe a magic pixie will visit my house whilst I'm at work and do it for me....a girl can dream!
Anyway that's all from me today, have a super weekend whatever you are up to and happy crafting.  x

9 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Oh that's beautiful. What a gorgeous stamp.

Susan xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,what a fabulous image and design.xxx

Kat said...

Gorgeous Erika. That tree looks stunning embossed against the black.

I've been a good girl and done my housework this morning. I should be making my DT card for tomorrow but I'm prevaricating lol!

Don't know what your weather's like but its horrible here. Windy and wet! Just glad it was more or less dry when I took the dogs out. Only thing worse than a wet Labrador is two wet Labradors!!

Have a lovely weekend,

Kat xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Very striking I must try this

Thanks for inspiration Erika

Have a fabby weekend

ali x

Lau W said...

Oh this is beautiful, wonderful, elegant, so niiiiice !
Have a great week-end !
Don't made my housework today...a card, outdoor with the cat...TV...internet...oh and no housework, oh i'm a bad girl pffff ! :-)))
xxx

cuilliesocks said...

I really want to try this one, haven't done much embossing and find it tricky, but I think this card is strikein, Kate x

Unknown said...

Joy is what this card is, I love getting out of the box colourwise for Christmas. Black with pewter (not even gold) lush, love it.

Wilma x x

Hettie said...

Oh! Would have loved to have seen the Umpa Lumpa....he might look like me! My friend in work always calls me an Umpa Lumpa due to my being shorter than her!
Gorgeous card there. Love black with embossing....when there are no stray bits!
If you find the pixie send him/her to me as I have some. Too busy packing for tomorrow's WOYWW crop!
x

Shazza said...

gorgeous card Erika x