Monday, October 01, 2012

Another load of baubles!

Monday morning and not looking too bad outside for the first day of October. 
Yesterday I had a day off posting as I was away to the local crop.  Great fun was had by all with slightly too much cake being consumed by me....so much for hitting my target weight last week....I still struggle with fine baking!
We had a great crafty day and I made 1/2 dozen Christmas cards and 7 toppers so was very pleased, this together with a few giggles and wiggles and plenty of tea and cake....a good day was had by all!

Today I am back to my demonstration cards on the Christmas theme this one pops up but then can go back down to post.


And from the side...

The card is made with 2 x 6" squares with an inner flap of 51/2" square. To create the card I have scored around the outside of the top square 1/2" in all the way around. I have then scored the centre square from the top at 5" and 3" this creates the lifting mechanism in the centre. Then you cut a U shape in the card leaving the top fold uncut. The flap is added centrally to the small 1/2" flap before sealing the back square to the front....make sure you do not glue the flap in the process or it won't work. The card is then ready to decorate remembering the raised part must only be attached between the 5" and 3" score lines.
For mine I have used Spellbinder dies Grand labels 23 and the new 2012 holiday tree with sentiments from Crafty Impressions. You can find instructions for a similar card here although my sizing is different it will give you a better idea.
 
Why not have a go, I think it makes a great change for a Christmas card.
That's all from me today I have a boring appointment with a HUGE ironing pile, yawn!  Maybe I'll just do a couple of hours then break for some crafting.  How quick can I iron?!

2 comments:

Lau W said...

WOW !! just fabulous, My God, so fabulous card again !
xxx

Shazza said...

had a great time yesterday Erika,even if I didn't do much. Your cards were fab and this is gorgeous too x