Monday, September 24, 2012

Baubles are us!

Morning folks and after a fun busy crafting weekend I didn't have to be up today till around 8 today, mmm a lie in, so guess what, I have been wide away since 5 a.m.  Those of you who know me will know how odd that is as I don't do mornings unless I have to!!

I've had a super weekend and would like to thank all the lovely ladies who visited me at Howden's in Inverness on Saturday and The Papeterie on Sunday...it doesn't count as work if you enjoy yourself does it? 

On Saturday it was lovely to see so many faces from previous demonstrations, my crafting friends, it was also lovely to meet some relatively new folk to crafting...  I do hope you have gone away with your new stash and plenty of ideas of what to do. 
It is great to get knowing smiles when you talk about your appreciation of fine crafting products, as I am convinced some of my none crafting friends do think it's a tad strange. 
It doesn't mean your a bad person!  Does it?!

To Sunday and what a lovely bunch of seasoned crafter's from all over the country.  I'm sure we could have made so much more in our class as we rattled along at such speed.  Great to see more lovely ladies who again appreciate fine crafting products!  Finishing early gave us chance to have a questions and answers session on the Grand Calibur and Spellbinder dies together with a quick demo of other ways of using the dies. 
There was also fab classes by the lovely Kath and Debbi
A great weekend was had by all, with Charlotte, Megan and Pearl at the mill keeping everything running like clock work.
I sadly missed the night out on Saturday but believe that the Woman's Aberdeen Rugby team had a super night out!

Thanks everyone for a fun crafty weekend.  x

Back to today and to those of you who have left me comments over the last three days I shall be popping over to your places later to return the love.  I need to get my wee man sorted for school first, but thanks very much for the visit.

Today I want to share a card with you using the new Spellbinder 2012 Heirloom ornament.


I have also used Spellbinder Shapeabilities Parisian at the top of the card and M-Bossabilities folder Elegance.  The PI sentiments stamp is from Kirsty Wiseman's Many Greetings with ribbon and bling from my stash and card from the Papeterie in Aberdeen.
I wanted the bauble to appear to be hanging from the top of the card from
and for it to appear to be shaped, I have therefore used 3D foam to create a curved effect placing more in the centre of the bauble than on the outside.

That's it from me today I'm away to get sorted for a day of fun...I have the chimney sweep arriving later this morning and a whole heap of housework needing done.....boo!
Have a super Monday whatever you have planned.  x

3 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card. You really are putting me to shame with all these Chrismtmas cards you are producing!

Susan xx

Lau W said...

Oh this card is so elegant ! Another beauty !
Hugs and kisses my friend !
xxx
arrf, here it's raining too and the wind is bad pffff !!!
xxx

Kat said...

Another great idea for a Christmas card Erika. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sounds like you had a good weekend! Pretty busy by the sound of things.

But what's this about housework. That's a nasty word lol!!

Kat xx