Monday, May 28, 2012

A hot and sticky weekend!

Is it me or was this weekend hot and sticky?  We are just not used to the lovely weather in the North of Scotland especially all week and the weekend....what a treat!  LOL.

I had a lovely day on Saturday at the Papeterie in Aberdeen.  It was a little quiet but with the sun shining I suspect most people were out and about making the most of it. 
I'd like to thank the lovely ladies who made it in and sat in the heat whilst I had great fun playing with the Spellbinder dies.  Who wouldn't!  I shall be sharing my samples later this week.

Yesterday we had a wee change of plans with the beautiful weather and I am now running what was the Sunday morning class (see sneak peak on Friday - black and white) on Saturday 11th August in the afternoon 12.30 till 3.30 p.m.
I would also like to mention the lovely ladies who came to yesterdays afternoon class through at the Papeterie....it was hot and sticky just like Saturday but armed with a couple of fans and plenty of liquids we made it through.  I hope you all enjoyed playing with the new dies and thanks for making my class so enjoyable.

This was the first item we made...


You can't see from this picture but this is the new Grand Dahlia nestabilities die and we used two of them with a central gusset to create a gift bag.  This style of bag was inspired by the lovely Becca at Amazing Paper Grace. 
I have also used Shapeabilities Labels Twenty four (my new favourite!) and Fancy tags Three.
The sentiment stamp is by Hero arts Anytime messages.  Bling is from my stash.
The great thing about creating these bags if you have the Calibur it that you can make them as big as the largest dies and you can adjust the internal gusset to fit height, width and depth just allow a small boarder each side to attach all three pieces together.  Lots of different possibilities and combinations! 

That's all from me today I'm away to catch up on a few things after a busy weekend and family up visiting.  Have a super Monday and more from me tomorrow.

No comments: