Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolate overload!

Today is the start of half term here in Scotland so I've had a little voice following me around all day saying "mum, mum, mum."  Don't you just love that?  Argh!
As I wasn't going to get any crafting done we decided to make a chocolate cake for his big brother who will also be home from school tonight. 

A couple of years ago my mum bought me one of the very large cupcake tins and as yet we've never quite got the measurements correct.  Not that this matters as they've been converted into volcano's and other ideas.  For those of you who have this tin and haven't quite got the measures correct...it takes...a 14 oz cake mix with a wee bit chopped.


Now in this picture it doesn't look big but it is on a dinner plate, not a side plate and a little man helped decorate it with smarties and chocolate butter icing.
I don't think we will break in it tonight, far too much chocolate at this time of night for me never mind the kids but I think we will be tomorrow.
Having licked the mixing bowl and the icing bowl my youngest announced it is very yummy mummy, the best ever....but I'm all chocolated out now....me too son...time for a sit down and a nice cup of tea.  
And my kitchen....well, I think I shouldn't have cleaned it this morning 'cause after baking I've had it all to do again.

Enjoy half term break I know I'm going to!

3 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Looks so yummy and cute!

Elaine said...

Very yummy indeed Erika!
I'm sure it will be devoured tomorrow

Hugs Elaine xx

Shazza said...

looks fab Erika. I bought the silicone ones recently and the cake didn't look the best :-/
Hope you are enjoying having your big boy home x