Thursday, December 01, 2011

Sugar Bowl time again no. 73


Hi folks it's that time again!
Whoop, whoop it's the 1st of December....not long now before
"YOU KNOW WHO" arrives,
have you been naughty or nice?

Yesterday I had fun with my youngest making up a Martha Stewart Calendar for him to open....
he insisted on leaving when it was time to fill it as he wanted a surprise!
We also do a treasure hunt in this house but more about that another day.

Back to the Sugar bowl and today it is the lovely
Cathy's sketch with the challenge
"Out of the Ordinary!"
Ooooh!
I had to think about this one.
And that hurt!
What is meant by this is to try something you wouldn't normal do.
Or as I like to think "stepping out of your box or comfort zone."
Here is my attempt;
I have used;
Sugar Nellie stamp Rosie.
Gingham Paper by MM kids collection Sam.  Craft and white from my stash.
Spellbinder Nestabilities dies Classic round and Lacey circles,
plus Shapeabilites Holiday tags.
Cuttlebug embossing die spots.
Sentiment stamp by Walzingmouse stamps from their new Complements of the Season range.
Red lace and white seam binding from my local craft shop Papercrafts Boutique, Elgin.
White liquid pearl.
Image is coloured with my Prisma pencils and stitched on my machine.

The sketch is;


I loved this challenge,
mind you I did have to dust off my pencils
as I haven't really used them since getting my copic pens.
My "out of the ordinary" was using my pencils on craft paper
bet you hadn't guessed that one!
I have looked on in admiration at all the cards with pencil on craft and thought this was the perfect opportunity to give it a go.
I think I might be hooked and have to do it again very soon, LOL.
This is my first attempt too!
I say that only because I was shocked and happy with the results first time,
those who know me will know I tend to be a faffer! 
(And will keep going till I get it right!)

On to the prize......
it is your choice of 4 Sugar Nellie stamps.....
going up to 6 if the entries top the 100 mark.
So as I always say at this point...
you've got to be in it to win it...
why not give it a go? 
I look forwards to seeing what you come up with.
Happy crafting!



5 comments:

nicolet said...

Ooh wow this is fantastic!
Hugs Nicolet

Elaine said...

Fabulous Erika!
You've really nailed the colouring on kraft perfectly.
Love this card, and the colour combo is divine.

Apparently, I have been very bad all year and can expect coal in my stocking :(

Hugs Elaine xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Stunning!!

Gingham...squeal!!

and red double squeal!!

Ali x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the colours hugs pops x x x

Juls said...

this is fab! Love your colouring on Kraft, and the gingham!! Hugs Juls