Friday, October 14, 2011

It's all a load of baubles!

Back to cards we go....


For this card I have used;
Spellbinder Nestabilities die 2011 Heirloom Ornament and Shapeabilities Holiday tags.
Red textured card stock by American Craft and MME Loss and Found Union Square.
For the bauble I have used smooth white card stock, clear embossing powder, PI stamp Large Christmas and Essential Christmas by Paula Pascual, Distress ink Fired brick and Vintage photo, bling by Zva Creative, stitched at home and red seam binding from stash. 

I have stamped and embossed the bauble first before adding the distress ink over the top, adding more around the outside to create a 3d feeling. 
When I've added the bauble to the card I've also layered it higher in the middle with 3d foam to also continue the effect.
I've really enjoyed playing with this new Heirloom die in lots of different ways.
Honestly I freely admit I've not always been a big fan of baubles in the past for Christmas but I'm and now well and truly a convert.
Watch out for another couple of ways I have used it coming soon.
I'd love to hear what you have done with it should you of course have this new die.
That's all from me today
I'm away to play with some felt with another wee idea up my sleeve.



4 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh ... this is gorgeous ... again!! I love these Christmas cards, so elegant and stylish.
I'll be pinching this idea, like I pinched the stamping on TH fragments from you!! Never realised you could actually stamp on them doh!!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Shazza said...

fab card Erika x

Wiccababe said...

you've turned CAS from Clean and Simple to Classy & Stylish :)
Debz
xx

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous elegant card, lovely colours. Carolxx