Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It starts!

Right folks as promised today marks the start of my samples for Elgin demo from the beginning of the month.
Now Karen kindly gave me the next item to include in her demonstration, a canvas.
I loved making this.
At first I knew exactly what I would do but once the canvas was in front of me I totally changed my mind and this is what I came up with.


The canvas is 8" and I have also used;
Red and black acrylic paint plus Distress crackle paint Picket fence for the frame.
Papers from MME Loss and Found Christmas plus old music paper and white tissue paper.
Red glitter lettering and swirl by K & Company.
Spellbinder nestabilities Labels 15 and 2011 Heirloom ornament,
Shapeabilities Fancy tags, Layered Poinsettia, Create a Flake 3 and Holiday tags.
Fragments by Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Distress ink Vintage Photo and Crackle accents.
Christmas sentiment stamp by PI and
Christmas tree stamps by Andy Skinner "Let the Festivities Begin".
Beads, bling and twine from stash.

Did I mention that I really, really enjoyed making this?
LOL.
Even if I spent far to long doing it,
I do loose time when I get engrossed.
I blame the lovely Kath you have a lot to answer for.
After our class earlier in the year I have been wanting to do more canvasses.
You've started something now!
...I can see a few Christmas pressies this year!



3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

absolutely stunning erika...beware going down the canvas road just leads to yet another addiction...hugs kath xxx

Shazza said...

oooh this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Love it Erika, are you in Elgin on Saturday??
xx

Liz Miller said...

I was lucky enough to see your canvas in Elgin and it's even prettier in the flesh. After having made a canvas, with Kath's guidance, and then seeing yours I bought a blnak canvas decorate. It seemed a good idea at the time but it's a bit daunting to be faced with a blank canvas on your own. Thanks for posting your one. They'll make gorgeous Christmas presents.
Liz x