Sunday, September 04, 2011

What did we get up to?

Firstly I would like to start by saying a big THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies who visited Papercraft's Boutique yesterday. 
I had a lovely busy day chatting with everyone about all things craft.

Now this coming week I want to share with you my demo pieces with details of what I have used and brief details of how to create yourself, should you wish to.

Firstly I would like to start with my banner.


This is made using the "Special offer Martha Stewart kit" in blues.
To create the base I have used Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 15.
The little snowflakes on the letters come with the kit and are beautifully delicate.
The larger snowflakes are made using Spellbinder Shapeabilities Create a flake 2 and 2010 Snowflake pendant layered together(which I love!).
I have also used white eyelets, ribbon, MS fine glitter and buttons (the buttons are behind the larger of the snowflakes to stop them moving). 
Blue china distress ink has been used to bring the whole banner together with finally the
 lettering cut on my Cricut machine Alphalicious 2 1/2 ". 
If you don't have access to a Cricut machine you could use chipboard or print off the computer.

Next I have created a snowflake card using the negative of the Spellbinder 2010 Snowflake die.


Don't throw away your negative bits!!

For this card I have used Spellbinder Nestabilities Grand Scalloped Squares, layered with silver card stock then the blue snowflakes paper from the Martha Stewart kit. 
To this I have 3d foamed a negative square of white glitter card plus on the inside the smaller snowflake (3d).

Top tip:  Cut out your square of glitter card first and tape die with low tack tape to it, that way you will get it central before putting it through your die cutting machine.

Finally I have added a "bit of bling" and ribbon on top.
A simple but effective card!

More from me tomorrow but I'm now away to unpack and then pack up again for this afternoons crop.
I'm hoping to do September in my 365 day calender which seems to be getting later every month.
I have also set a LO scrapbook page challenge for the other girls so I would love to have a go at that too.
With the added bonus of cake and tea....what more could a girl want!
Have a lovely Sunday. x


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Great projects!

Shazza said...

gorgeous!!! I love that banner x

XxJULESxX said...

wow these are fab!!!