Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Traditionally "less is more!"

So today I have a simple card for you just using stamping by layering different colours on top of each other.


I have used:
Paper from Winter Wonderland by K & Company and plain card stock from American craft.
Spellbinder Nestabilities Small and large deckled rectangles together to create a frame.
Stamps: Funstamps "Three wise men" and Inca "Merry Christmas background."
Ink; Black stazOn and Broken China distress ink.
Diamond stickles to finish.

I have created a soft background using the broken china, then stamped twice on top,
once with the background and broken china then with the image and black.
I love silhouette style stamps as it can mean the world is your oyster when it comes to creating a back drop. 
I know there are some great bold crafters out in blog land
in particular the other ladies doing the 365 day calender with me.
I just seem to prefer simple coordinating shades personally.
Maybe one of these days I will be bold and just go for it!  :)

3 comments:

Juls said...

fabby!! Love the colours and the torn edges! Hugs Juls

Shazza said...

I think this is lovely Erika, love the frame x

Lau W said...

Superb creation, so lovely !
xxx