Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bags and tags!

Firstly I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the lovely ladies who took the time to visit my demo at the Papeterie at Aberdeen.
It was lovely to see Lorraine and Kirsti amongst others and catch up with Charlotte and the girls.
Thanks for a fab day, I had a great time and I hope you did too.
Now to some more samples from the earlier demo at Hobby Craft.
Today I have "bags and tags" for you
always a good item for the run up to Christmas and great fun to make.


To make this bag I have used:
Red card stock.
Spellbinders Nestabilities classic circle, Grand Scalloped circles and Shapeabilities Holiday cheer.
I have embossed then stencilled with white acrylic paint the stocking and candy cane then added Stickles Diamond.
The handle was created by only putting the very top of the card through the Calibur therefore only cutting half the circle which was scored, folded back and glued.
The inside card can be any depth you wish.  
I cut a rectangle that will go along the base then up the sides allowing a 1cm edge each side to attach to the grand scalloped circles with red tape. 
Finally finishing with a bow of red gingham and a candy cane tag.

And the tag:
I have used:
Red and cream card stock.
Spellbinder Nestabilities Eyelet circles and Labels One
then Shapeabilities Parisian Accents and Fanciful holidays.
The stamp is Merry Christmas background by Inca stamp inked with Fired brick Distress ink.
Finally finished with pearls from Zva create, Glossy Accents and fibres from my stash.
With this I wanted to show that you can mix different Spellbinder dies together
just have a play with them,
I prefer to stick to a simple colour palette whilst doing this as I personally feel too much variety can make it feel too busy. 
But that's just my opinion.
It's all about having fun with the dies and not necessarily putting like with like.
All the fun of the fair!!

Anyway I am away to catch up on some Sugar bowl work
and then my boys have requested a
BAKING session this afternoon,
nomm, nomm....
only if I can be chief tester!


5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Sweetie this is just gorgeous ♥ ♥ Pops x

Lau W said...

Oh ! Superb creation, excellent idea ! Love it, it's really beautiful !
xxx

Juls said...

fabby! love the red and white together! hugs Juls

Shazza said...

gorgeous projects Erika x

Kirsti said...

Looks like were you were having a great time yesterday Erika...great to see you and Niamh was very taken with some of your techniques...especially the alcohol ink one with the tags!!!

See you soon...

Kirsti xxxxx