Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sugar Bowl challenge 61

Yep,  it's that time again, the next Sugar Bowl challenge for you all.
This time the sketch is by the lovely Kiki and the theme is love/marriage.
This is my take on it:


And the sketch:


I have used the new digital image from Sugar Nellie called Summer.
The papers are from My Minds Eye Stella and Rose, Mabel "Little lady" fine flowers.
The dies I have used are Spellbinder Nestabilities Long Classic Scalloped rectangle large and Tim Holtz Tattered Florals.
Ranger Distress ink Tea die and stickles star dust.
Pearls from the lovely Cathy in a recent RAK. 
Doilies, brads and bead spacers from stash and image coloured with copics.

I loved this sketch, thanks Kiki for such a good one.
I'm also not normally a fan of orange and teal together but I think it works.
Very summery for a Summer lady!
I love this image, did I mention that already?  LOL.
The card is going to my mum for her birthday..using the them "love"...."with love on your birthday!"  x

But enough of my chat..."what's the prize I hear you cry?"
It's pick "n" mix time, your choice of six SN stamps.
And here it comes again....you've got to be in it to win it!
Good luck everyone, have fun with the sketch and happy crafting.  xxx

11 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Simply stunning Erika...love everyhitng about it sweetie.

hope you had a wonderful birthday!

ali x

Sarah Louise said...

Oh wow Erika, i just love your cards. I can only dream of making such wonderful cards.

Wiccababe said...

don't think I've tried orange and teal together - but it works fantastically Erika, stunning colouring on that image too
Debz
xx

Elaine said...

Amazing Erika!!
I love,love, love this card. The image is so sweet and your colouring perfect. The papers are divine and the colours are right up my street.
Fab flowers too.

Love Elaine xx

Tiets said...

I love your card..those colors are be\autifull and the image too!
hugs Tiets

Shazza said...

just gorgeous Erika, love those papers. I won't be able to enter this time as I will be lying by the pool, drink in hand lol!
x

Kiki said...

Hi Erika!

Your card is simply fantastic. Love the image and the colours you've used! They make me dreaming of summer ...

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs, Kiki

Christel D said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous card Erika. Not into this range but I really like this image.

Christel xx

Janice said...

What a lovely card, love the colour combo & your great use of the sketch. Jx

Juls said...

such a gorgeous and summery card! HUgs Juls

Pat said...

Hi Erika...am just catching up on my blog visiting! I love this card...and thanks so much....now I need to buy this image too! hehehe! I love your coloring...and your choice of colors and embeiies...well, what can I say? Fantabulous!! I love, love, love this! Hugs. Pat Frank