Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All manly!

Today I want to show you my man's card.
"Something for the weekend Sir!"
I know it's only Wednesday but it is a long weekend this weekend so although it is only "hump" day (the middle of the week) the weekend isn't far away.
And for those of you who's mind was elsewhere tut, tut!  LOL.


For this card I used AC textured black card and Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vintage Shabby.
Stamps from Andy Skinner Flight of Fancy.
Martha Stewart punch Scalloped dots.
Other Tim products are the button and Black soot distress ink.
I have finished with black seam binding and thread from my stash.
The card is 12" by 4" folded every 4" with the opposite diagonals taken off each end.
Sorry the images aren't the best with these photo's, note to self try harder next time not to wobble!

As we've had something for the boys, how about now something for the girls?
Now this was my favourite item to make and I must admit,
I think I might be making myself one at a later date. 
I have seen grungeboard being used for bracelets on u-tube so I thought I'd take it one step further.


For this I have used:
Tim Holtz textured/plain grungeboard and the swirls are from the plain elements set.
Stamp from Andy Skinner Gothic set.
Inks:  Distress stain Broken china and Distress ink Vintage photo.
Perfect pearls mist Sunflower Sparkle and Perfect pearls Sour Apple.
Hitch fasteners also from Tim Holtz Idea-ology range as is the centre button.
Finally the flower is cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Big scalloped circles.
The width of the strap is in fact just a ruler width...I like to keep it simple, and the length is just the length of the grungeboard, as I said "simples"(squeak)...fitting my wrist just perfect.
So guys what else can we do with grungeboard?
Answers on a postcard to..........or just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!


2 comments:

Shazza said...

these are gorgeous Erika, especially the bracelet. I love grungeboard
x

Wiccababe said...

aye aye missus,the photos really don't do them justice, they are way more beautiful IRL
Debz
xx