Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Firstly today I would like to wish you all a Happy St Patricks day, which also means I would like to wish my Uncle and Emma a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Emma just to totally embarrass you, here's a pic of the birthday girl who got a cake at our weekend gathering.


You can give me a thump at the next crop!

Back to crafting and this was the other card I made this weekend which I am entering into the Quixotic paperie Challenge.
The challenge was to use a Greeting farm stamp and alter it.  Here is my entry:



I love this stamp from the "Happy Day" set.  Oh and I so enjoyed colouring it in with my copic's.  I have combined it with the Basic Grey range archaic, including the chipboard and buttons...which just goes fantastico!  I have distressed the edges with TH ink vintage photo and added a couple of rub ons from stock.
I love these papers and have been coverting them for a while not wanting to used them...sad I know but any fella crafters out there will know that we all have our favourite papers that we don't want to cut into!! 
I have altered the stamp by adding eyelashes and stripes to the t-shirt on the little boy image, I wanted to keep it simple as I think the stamp says it all really.

My youngest boy is not 6 till May but I'd like to thank the guys over on the Quixotic challenge blog as now I am organised early with a card for his birthday...must not loose it between now and then which always happens if I put something away somewhere safe, or is that just me?!*

At the moment at school my little boy is doing a project on dinosaurs, and is loving every minute, telling me the other day that they'd measured their teacher and that she was taller but not wider than a Veloicraptor, good to know, lol!
My eldest absolutely loved dinosaurs when little so here's hoping all those plastic toys will get a second outing now.

4 comments:

Kirsti said...

That's a lovely card and I will second the Happy Birthday to your Uncle and Emma...xxx have a great day...x

Sarah said...

I only saw those stamps on the way out of Karen's shop at the weekend, and it would have been perfect for Tom LOL I love those Basic Grey papers too, very boyish :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Love your simple altering-its so effective though! Beautiful colouring and love the papers and general design of your card! Fab! Thanks so much for joining our altered anya challenge at Quixotic! Hope to see you again next time too! Hugs, Rowena

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Challenge this week. Kim